Saturday 1 November 2014

Snow Queen

This was my Halloween costume from last year, but it's never too late & I thought it was too good not to post.




I'm generally quite an unorganised person, it's a bit of a miracle i've actually managed to organise myself to set up a blog! I hadn't practiced this look until the night, I like being spontaneous and going with the flow, and that's exactly what happened here. A lot of what I do is trial and error, I don't tend to stick to a set plan.. so my bad organisation skills come in handy somewhere! I was more than happy with how this turned out, and it's still something I show people now. It was so funny on the night, so many people didn't even recognise who I was - including my best friend!

Although it looks pretty difficult to create, this look was relatively simple. All I needed was:
- White face paint
- Blue face paint
- Body glitter 
- White hair spray
- Snowflake stencils (cut out from some thin card)
- Fake nails & white nail varnish.

There was no set order, I just began with a base layer of white face paint and contoured with the blue. Then, I went crazy with the stencils & glitter. For my lashes, I just layered on white paint, I would probably advise hunting down some white mascara, but my bad organisation let me down on this one! I think it turned out fine though and the clumps add to the snow effect.




I think for this look, I basically just had to go for it and not hold back, it doesn't matter if you mess up, it's not going to look perfect. The more over-the-top the better!

For the costume, I just found a cheap blue sequined midi-dress. Anything blue, silver or white would have worked for this look, the options are endless. I wore heels and some head jewels to add to the queen-esque vibe, and bought some white fur from a fabric shop to wear over my shoulders. 



If my blog gets attention, I'm planning on posting step-by-step tutorials on future posts. At the time, I obviously wasn't aware this would be going on a blog, so all I have to show is photos! 

Oh and also, I helped my flatmate with her Zombie-Ballerina makeup, by simply contouring with black & white face paint, so I've included a picture of her too :)



Thank you for reading! I'll be back to post soon.

Kirsty x






1 comment:

  1. LOOK AT THOSE EYES. That stare is as cold as your heart snow queen xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete